Teaching and Learning Consultant, Malcolm Bellamy gives 10 reasons we should allow mobile phones into schools:
1. They are powerful tools
2. They are easy to use
3. The children do not need to be trained in their use they know it already…. they can show you!
4. They can be used for immediate access to information
5. If they take pictures or videos they can provide children with a means to get visual data immediately
6. They have a recording facility which will promote oracy in the classroom and can be used for podcasts or for incorporation into blogs
7. They have calculator facilities which will promote calculator use in investigation or just in ordinary day to day mathematics work
8. They have a messaging facility which comes in handy for communication (in a disciplined way within the school day).
9. They have really good organizers that can provide information about dates, events and as reminders of when assignments, homework or coursework needs to be handed in and is a good life skill for the children to practice and learn to use effectively.
10. Media can be saved and used in group work (videos, music tracks)
Read the rest of the article here
No related posts.